NIMPORT EXPO AND CONFERENCE (22ND – 24TH AUGUST, 2017) AND 1OTH ANNIVERSARY RECORDED A SUCCESS.
As promised, the glitzy Oriental Hotel Victoria Island Lagos was the venue of the expo and conference themed, ‘Improving Connectivity, Enhancing Trade’. The programme started with a stunning welcoming address by Mr. Fortune Idu, the chairman of organizing committee of NIMPORT and a breath-taking awesome cake was cut to celebrate the NIMPORT 10th anniversary.
Different speakers, delegates, guests and visitors from different companies graced the conference and numerous papers on diversified issues on maritime ports, terminals and logistics were presented on the 22nd and 23rd of August 2017; the 1st and the 2nd days of the conference.
An encompassing workshop was setup on the 3rd day of the conference i.e. 24th August, 2017 which marked the end of this year’s NIMPORT expo and conference. Not left out are the exhibitions carried out at different booths during the event with an ART 4 LIFE exclusive exhibition to raise money for charitable works.
The programme was a successful one as revealed by some of the attendees that were interviewed.
Mr. Fortune Idu, the chairman of organizing committee says “Thanks to all our sponsors and attendees”.
The following are the papers presented at NIMPORT 2017 conference.
DOWNLOAD OPTION (PLEASE DOWNLOAD HERE: http://nimport.net/speechespaper/)
- WELCOME ADDRESS
BY: MR FORTUNE IDU, THE CHAIRMAN OF ORGANIZING COMMITTEE TO NIMPORT 2017
- THE CHALLENGES OF ACHIEVING A SEAMLESS INTER–AGENCY CARGO CLEARANCE
BY: SIR MIKE JUKWE, RFF, FCILT, FNIS, FIFF REGISTRAR/CEO
- IMPROVING CARGO FLOW ,PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES
BY: EGE, E. EMMANUEL, DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY, FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
- FUTURE OF MARITIME DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA AND THE NEED TO PREPARE AHEAD
BY: PROF. M. O. ILORI CHAIRMAN, BOARD OF IMS, UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
- RENEWING INLAND WATERWAYS CAPABILITIES TO IMPACT ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
BY: BOSS MUSTAPHA, MANAGING DIRECTOR, NATIONAL INLAND WATERWAYS AUTHORITY
- OIL & GAS FREE ZONE, DEVELOPING OPPORTUNITIES FOR JOB CREATION
BY: UMANA UMANA: MANAGING DIRECTOR, OIL & GAS FREE ZONE AUTHORITY NIGERIA
- MARITIME SAFETY AND SECURITY: TODAYS CHALLENGES AND THE REGULATORY ROLE OF THE SAFETY ADMINISTRATION IN ENSURING SAFE AND SECURE SHIPPING
BY: DR DAKUKU A. PETERSIDE, DIRECTOR GENERAL NIGERIAN MARITIME ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY AGENCY (NIMASA)
- INTEGRATING ADAPTIVE ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT INTO DREDGING PROJECTS
BY: IFEANYI ENEBELI, ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – ENVIRONMENT, CARES
- SUPPORTING THE GROWTH OF EXPORT INDUSTRY
TOWARDS A SUSTAINABLE MARITIME TRADE
By: BBA BELLO, MD/CE NIGERIAN EXPORT – IMPORT BANK (NEXIM)
- CHALLENGING NON-ENFORCEMENT OF BAN ON TWO-ENGINES IN NIGERIA SINCE 2012
BY: STANLEY EVANS, CCO, BOULOS ENTERPRISES NIGERIA